Can't reference the DLL

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Edited Jun 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking for a CSV parser and this seems to tick all the boxes. I'm trying to play around with it, but seem to having a little problem...

Is VS 2008 (Express), when I add a reference to the dll  Kent.Boogaart.KBCsv.dl, I get a warning in Visual Studio telling me "The referenced component 'Kent.Boogaart.KBCsv' could not be found." . Obviously I can't reference anything in the library util I get this resolved... 

Any idea how I can get around this?

Thanks!

Paul.

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Hi Paul,

What type of project are you creating, and for which version of .NET? Make sure you've downloaded the correct build of KBCsv (the downloads page contains several options). Alternatively, you can add KBCsv to your project via Nuget, which will automatically reference the correct DLL for your platform.

Best,
Kent

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM

HI Kent,

thanks for coming back to me.

Yesterday I just created a new windows form app in VB.NET. First thing I tried to do was reference the dll. I just wanted to try read the file and see what I can do with the library.

I'll later be using an app to read a user a selected file and populate a DB2 database from it.. nothing too complex!

If I remember correctly VS2008 Express targets .NET 3.5 ... I have downloaded 'KBCsv-1.4.0.0-FX40-bin.zip' which is the recommended version. Is this the correct file? Or is this for .NET 4? Maybe I should try 'KBCsv-1.4.0.0-FX35-bin.zip'

cheers,

Paul.

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Hi Paul,

Yes, you should use FX35. Admittedly, the names are a little cryptic and unfortunately CodePlex does not permit me to provide a short description with each file. FX = full framework, SL = Silverlight. The recommended file is a little misleading as a result, since I can only pick one across all artifacts. I just pick the binaries for the highest framework.

Best,
Kent

PS. I just removed the recommended download flag since it is potentially confusing as you've found.

Jun 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Great!

Thanks Kent. I'll download the 3.5 version now and give it a blast

cheers,

Paul.